About Me

My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
A stupid man who had the love of the most beautiful woman and blew it. But who wants to make good. This is my very public apology to her, her family and her friends. I wasn't a cheater or wife beater, but what I did do was take her love for granted and abuse the privilege of being her partner. I was immature and selfish. I do not blame her for wanting away. But I want her back. I love her so much and want nobody else. Truly. She is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I am ready for a grown up relationship. I am ready to take responsibility for being a father and partner. I have grown up. The road will be long and quite probably impassable. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. If only he'd done it years ago!!

Sunday 18 March 2012

All Apologies

One of the big things in the breakdown of our relationship was my reluctance to engage fully with Becky's friends and family. 

Basically my social skills - as with so many people - were built upon the foundation of alcohol.  Then around ten years ago I was forced to give up alcohol for health reasons.  And since that time I've come to find large gatherings - weddings, christenings and large family do's - almost impossible to handle.  I now realise how pathetic that was.

These were the people that Becky loved, and who loved Becky, and I should, really should have made more effort.  Given my chance again I would be there by her side every time.  My discomfort is immaterial.  I am there with the woman I love.  To be by her side.  Proud.

I wish to apologise wholeheartedly, not only to Becky, but to her family - especially her Mum, Dad, Stepdad, Stepmum and brother - for my often distant, sometimes rude attitude, when in their company.  I am deeply ashamed and somewhat bemused at the way I acted.  My priorities were all out of whack, and the fact of the matter was I could not face up to my own inadequacies.  I couldn't handle it, but could never admit to that fact.

To Becky's friends - Sanae, Beth, Marie, Lyndsey, Claire, Roxy and there husbands and partners, I offer my sincere apologies and regret at having missed out on getting to know you all.  Again it is a case of being far more about me than it ever was about you. 

I am sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment