About Me

My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
A stupid man who had the love of the most beautiful woman and blew it. But who wants to make good. This is my very public apology to her, her family and her friends. I wasn't a cheater or wife beater, but what I did do was take her love for granted and abuse the privilege of being her partner. I was immature and selfish. I do not blame her for wanting away. But I want her back. I love her so much and want nobody else. Truly. She is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I am ready for a grown up relationship. I am ready to take responsibility for being a father and partner. I have grown up. The road will be long and quite probably impassable. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. If only he'd done it years ago!!

Thursday 22 March 2012

Where Does It All Go Wrong?

It's a common tale I suppose.  How those early days together turn into something else and all that was good and loving is lost.  Why does that happen?  As things become more familiar we are apt to stop seeing the beauty in them, and yet the beauty remains, in many cases increases even.  

When Becky and I first got together we would often leave each other notes - this was before we had mobile phones - and I would write her little poems to make her smile when she would come home if I wasn't there.  I remember one particular morning she was feeling a bit rubbish before going off to work.  Monday morning blues perhaps?  But anyway, before I left for work later that day, I wrote out a quick ditty for her to find when she got back, and which I hoped would put a smile on her face.   It did, and she typed it up, printed it out and framed it.  It sat out in that frame for perhaps ten years.  I'm glad she liked it, that it made her smile and feel better.  Anyway I can remember it off by heart, so I'll share it here.     

I pondered on a poem,
to write for you to read.
Instead I've got some advice
which hopefully you'll heed.
When you're feeling littly,
and a tear comes to your eye,
fight the urge to lay down,
to weep,
to sob,
to cry.
Just think of mashed potatoes
and irridescent seas,
men with funny faces
and childrens knobbly knees.
Just do yourself a favour,
when you're feeling down,
get into a handstand,
and upside down that frown.

No comments:

Post a Comment