About Me

My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
A stupid man who had the love of the most beautiful woman and blew it. But who wants to make good. This is my very public apology to her, her family and her friends. I wasn't a cheater or wife beater, but what I did do was take her love for granted and abuse the privilege of being her partner. I was immature and selfish. I do not blame her for wanting away. But I want her back. I love her so much and want nobody else. Truly. She is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I am ready for a grown up relationship. I am ready to take responsibility for being a father and partner. I have grown up. The road will be long and quite probably impassable. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. If only he'd done it years ago!!

Thursday 29 March 2012

...With You

for all the times i made you feel less than you are,
what can i say,
but i'm sorry.

apologies and love coming too late
for you
to reconcile
this
with
that.

my heart breaks to think of you,
and i do...
a lot.

smiling men with women and children
i see out in town,
and i sink and shudder to realise.
why didn't i smile more?
so much to smile for.

my mind too big a knot
to unravel.
it needed this bomb
to set it free.
undo the confusion,
the delusion,
the illusion
of who i thought
i might be...
but i wasn't.

i was meant to be with you
and you with me,
but i couldn't see
and so blew it.

my pessimism draining
the love from you
that you had for me.

you in your quiet understated wisdom
knew all,
and i dropped the ball
again
and
again
and
again.

didn't even see it
until it smacked me hard in the face
and left me bloodied
and humble,
in love,
in love,
in love...
with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment