About Me

My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
A stupid man who had the love of the most beautiful woman and blew it. But who wants to make good. This is my very public apology to her, her family and her friends. I wasn't a cheater or wife beater, but what I did do was take her love for granted and abuse the privilege of being her partner. I was immature and selfish. I do not blame her for wanting away. But I want her back. I love her so much and want nobody else. Truly. She is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I am ready for a grown up relationship. I am ready to take responsibility for being a father and partner. I have grown up. The road will be long and quite probably impassable. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. If only he'd done it years ago!!

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Cornish Isolation

In July 2010 our family moved to Falmouth in Cornwall.  Cornwall is the most beautiful, inspiring place.  Perfect for bringing up kids and living a certain relaxed kind of lifestyle.  Myself and Becky both adored the place from previous visits and had finally made the decision that we were going to move there.  And so we did.  But we shouldn't have. 

The cracks in our relationship were already well evident and we should have been more concerned with addressing those before such a major move.  Also we were moving around 400 miles from our nearest family members and so were diminishing the opportunities we would have to have just time together.  Just the two of us. 

Which is actually the crux of what our major problem became I think.  After the children were born we spent less time together as a couple and were permanently stuck playing the roles of mum and dad.  Of course as parents you spend less time together as a couple, but parents need to have some play time too, and we had none.  Consequently, in those circumstances you become strangers to each other. 

We used to have great times years ago - going off to Camden on a Sunday to mooch around the market and maybe check out a gallery.  Or we'd go for a Sunday pub lunch, chill in a cafe.  Nothing mind blowing, but just the little things that really matter.  Becky has been right all along about the need to be near family.  We needed that support.  It'd would have been of huge benefit to us. 

The easiest thing is to say that on so many fronts Becky has been right and I have been wrong.  I sometimes struggle to see the bigger picture and can be too spontaneous for my own good!  But I'm learning....FAST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment