About Me

My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
A stupid man who had the love of the most beautiful woman and blew it. But who wants to make good. This is my very public apology to her, her family and her friends. I wasn't a cheater or wife beater, but what I did do was take her love for granted and abuse the privilege of being her partner. I was immature and selfish. I do not blame her for wanting away. But I want her back. I love her so much and want nobody else. Truly. She is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I am ready for a grown up relationship. I am ready to take responsibility for being a father and partner. I have grown up. The road will be long and quite probably impassable. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. If only he'd done it years ago!!

Friday 23 March 2012

Spike Milligan

I have our children staying with me tonight.  Our daughter was reading a book to herself in bed, which is about four feet away from me in the lounge!  It's cool.  She was reading a book to herself and out of nowhere she said "can I read you a poem?".  Who's going to turn down such an offer from a six year old.  She read me a poem by Spike Milligan called AB.  It goes....

A Bee!
A Bee!!
Is after me!!!
And that is why
I flee!!!!
I flee!!!!!
This bee
This bee
Appears to be
Very very
ANG
-ER
-REE!!!!! 

This led on to a chat about Spike Milligan.  How he was a funny man who had a strange brain that led him into some strange and fantastic places.  I could see she was into it.  A strange little creature prone to pulling the most bizarre faces and talking to you while crossing her eyes before cracking up.  She's very Spike Milligan already.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment