About Me

My photo
Norwich, United Kingdom
A stupid man who had the love of the most beautiful woman and blew it. But who wants to make good. This is my very public apology to her, her family and her friends. I wasn't a cheater or wife beater, but what I did do was take her love for granted and abuse the privilege of being her partner. I was immature and selfish. I do not blame her for wanting away. But I want her back. I love her so much and want nobody else. Truly. She is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I am ready for a grown up relationship. I am ready to take responsibility for being a father and partner. I have grown up. The road will be long and quite probably impassable. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. If only he'd done it years ago!!

Saturday 24 March 2012

Crash and Learn

Wandering down to my local hang out today, to drink coffee and buy hot chocolate for the kids, we happened upon a car crash.  The occupants of the cars weren't unduly hurt it seemed, but there was substantial damage to their vehicles.  The front wheel on the drivers side of one car was sitting at a strange angle, while on both, bumpers, head lights and wings were ripped, torn and smashed! 

On one side of the road stood three ladies looking pretty shaken, while on the other side there were two lads, one of whom - I'm assuming the driver - was throwing up in some bushes!  Shock? 

What are the chances then, that behavior might be altered by virtue of this violent impact?  Let's suggest that the lad was driving faster than he should have been, took a corner faster than he should have done, and his smashed up car and that of the ladies are the evidence of a selfish and unthinking attitude with regard to driving a car.  Do we think that he will likely now be a safer driver, more aware of his responsibilty to others?  Will this incident be hot-wired into his brain and so prevent him repeating those potentially destructive patterns of behaviour from his past?  Could this event - as unnerving as it undoubtedly was for both parties - turn out to be a blessing?  The boy racer has seen the damage his actions can cause, considers the consequences of his actions, and so drives in a more responsible manner from now on?

From my perspective I would like to think yes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment